PRE-SCHOOL STORY TIME
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Fridays at 9:45
Our story times are an early literacy program designed for children ages birth to five years introducing the six prep reading skills they should know in order to learn to read:
1) hearing sounds (phonological awareness) through singing, dancing
2) ABC’s and letter knowledge by teaching your child the names, sounds
and shape of letters;
3) see words everywhere with print awareness pointing out and saying
words everywhere they see them;
4) experiencing books through print motivation learning to enjoy reading; 5) recognize the concept of words to express feelings and ideas;
6) tell stories using narrative skills describing life experiences as well as
Young children and their caregivers will hear an exciting age appropriate story, sing songs, dance, and enjoy a fun arts & crafts project. Wednesday’s story time is geared toward lap-sit children (ages 0-2), but all pre-school children are welcomed.
The library also has two AWE Early Literacy Station™ designed specifically for our youngest patrons ages 2-8. The ELS features over 4,000 localized learning activities. The fun, interactive and engaging content spans all seven curricular areas: math, science & nature, social studies & geography, reading, art & music, writing & computer skills, and reference. The Spanish language is featured on one of our Early Literacy Stations.